Please note: For product availability and links, please choose your nearest location below.
Unit of Measurement
- Chocolate Cake Doughnuts (Baked)
- 57 g unsalted butter 2.0oz
- 50 g vegetable oil 1.8oz
- 100 g sugar 3.5oz
- 71 g light brown sugar 2.5oz
- 38 g PreGel Five Star Chef Pannacrema Vanilla - 76776 1.3oz
- 15 g PreGel SETAGEL®Vellutina® - Sorbitol Paste - 70472 0.5oz
- 2 each large eggs 0.1oz
- 6 g baking powder 0.2oz
- 1.5 g baking soda 0.5oz
- 1.5 g ground nutmeg 0.5oz
- 4 g salt 0.1oz
- 287 g unbleached - all-purpose flour - sifted 10.1oz
- 32 g PreGel Five Star Chef Cacao Togo (Cocoa Powder) - 70148 1.1oz
- 227 g whole milk 8.0oz
- Chocolate Glaze
- 85 g PreGel Prontociocc Traditional Paste (Sweetened Chocolate) - 28322 3.0oz
- 28 g unsalted butter 1.0oz
- 25 g light corn syrup 0.9oz
- 6 g PreGel Five Star Chef Pannacrema Vanilla - 76776 0.2oz
Method of Preparation
Chocolate Cake Doughnuts (Baked)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease two standard doughnut pans.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the butter, vegetable oil, sugars, PreGel Pannacrema Vanilla & PreGel SETAGEL-Vellutina (sorbitol paste) until smooth.
- Add the eggs, beating to combine.
- Stir in the sifted baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- Whisk together the flour and PreGel Cacao Togo.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon or pipe the batter into the lightly greased doughnut pans, filling the wells to about 1/4" shy of the rim.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and wait 5 to 7 minutes before turning them out of the pans onto a rack.
- Combine together all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, Heat in the microwave while stirring often.
- Add extra corn syrup if needed to smooth consistency and desired viscosity.
- When the donuts are cooled dip them in the chocolate glaze, add sprinkles and enjoy!