Please note: For product availability and links, please choose your nearest location below.
Unit of Measurement
- Vanilla Cake Doughnuts (Baked)
- 57 g unsalted butter 2.0oz
- 50 g vegetable oil 1.8oz
- 100 g sugar 3.5oz
- 71 g light brown sugar 2.5oz
- 38 g PreGel Five Star Chef Pannacrema Vanilla - 76776 1.3oz
- 15 g PreGel SETAGEL®Vellutina® - Sorbitol Paste - 70472 0.5oz
- 2 each large eggs 0.1oz
- 6 g baking powder 0.2oz
- 1.5 g baking soda 0.5oz
- 1.5 g ground nutmeg 0.5oz
- 4 g salt 0.1oz
- 319 g unbleached - all-purpose flour - sifted 11.3oz
- 227 g whole milk 8.0oz
- Violet Glaze
- 142 g confectioner's sugar 5.0oz
- 21 g light corn syrup 0.7oz
- 14 g unsalted butter - melted 0.5oz
- 14 to 28g whole milk or water 0.49oz to 0.98oz
- 7 g PreGel Five Star Chef Pannacrema Violet - 25146 0.2oz
- 125 g PreGel Five Star Chef Albumissimo (Meringue Powder) - 71904 4.4oz
- 250 g water 8.8oz
- 300 g sugar 10.6oz
- 24 g PreGel Five Star Chef Pannacrema Violet - 25146 0.8oz
Method of Preparation
Instructions for Vanilla Cake Doughnuts (Baked)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease two standard doughnut pans.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the butter, vegetable oil, sugars, PreGel Pannacrema Vanilla & PreGel SETAGEL-Vellutina (sorbitol paste) until smooth.
- Add the eggs, beating to combine.
- Stir in the sifted baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir the flour into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon or pipe the batter into the lightly greased doughnut pans, filling the wells to about 1/4" shy of the rim.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and wait 5 to 7 minutes before turning them out of the pans onto a rack.
Instructions for Violet Glaze
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whip attachment, combine together all of the ingredients, adding additional liquid or confectioner’s sugar as needed to adjust the desired consistency.
Instructions for Meringue
- In a mixer with the whip attachment, combine the sugar and water.
- Whip together to dissolve sugar.
- Add PreGel Albumissimo to mixer and whisk by hand to dissolve powder.
- Whip on medium-high to high speed until mixture reaches full volume.
- Add in PreGel Pannacrema Violet and mix to incorporate.
- Pipe meringue on the bottom of a sprayed donut pan and dry out in the oven at 200°F until completely dried out.
- Once cooled store in an air tight container with dry packs for up to one week
Instructions for Final Assembly
- When the donuts are cooled dip them in the Violet glaze.
- When ready to serve place dried meringue on top and enjoy!