Lemon Meringue Doughnut
Please note: For product availability and links, please choose your nearest location below.
Unit of Measurement
- Vanilla Meringue
- 250 g water
- 400 g sugar
- 100 g PreGel Five Star Chef Albumissimo (Meringue Powder) - 71904
- 20 g PreGel Five Star Chef Pannacrema Vanilla - 76776
- Lemon Icing (for Doughnuts)
- 500 g confectioner's sugar - sifted
- 170 g simple syrup - 50/50
- 50 g PreGel Five Star Chef Pannacrema Lemon - 76276
- as needed PreGel Lemon Biscuit Arabeschi® (Lemon Cookie) - 84102
Method of Preparation
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a whip attachment, add sugar and water.
- Whip until sugar is dissolved.
- Add PreGel Five Star Chef Albumissimo (Meringue Powder) - 71904and whip until stiff peaks are obtained.
- Add PreGel 5-Star Chef Pastry Select™ Vanilla Compound to meringue.
- Mix until evenly incorporated; Use as needed.
Lemon Icing (for Doughnuts)
- In the bowl of a mixer with the paddle attachment, combine together all of the ingredients and mix until homogenous and smooth.
- Glaze the doughnut as desired.
- Fill the center with the PreGel Grisbì® Arabeschi® (Italian Lemon Cookie) - 84102 and garnish with Vanilla Meringue torched lightly with a blow torch.