Please note: For product availability and links, please choose your nearest location below.
Unit of Measurement
- Gluten Free Crust
- 185 g butter, cold
- 65 g granulated sugar
- 365 g PreGel Five Star Chef Frollis - Shortcrust Dough Base - 44524
- 40 g PreGel Five Star Chef Pannacrema Vanilla - 76776
- 5 g salt
- Lemon Curd
- 440 g lemon puree
- 440 g whole eggs
- 320 g sugar
- 24 g PreGel Five Star Chef Hot Process Pastry Cream - 312078
- 440 g butter, room temperature
- 90 g PreGel Five Star Chef Fiordica Gel Evolution - 61124
Method of Preparation
Gluten Free Crust
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer.
- Mix until a dough is formed.
- Press the dough into a ½ sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 177°C/350°F for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Heat lemon puree and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, sugar and PreGel Five Star Chef Hot Process Pastry Cream Powder.
- Slowly temper the egg mixture with the hot lemon puree.
- Return the mixture back to the pot and bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Continuing to stir, allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute and then remove from the heat.
- Slowly incorporate the butter with an immersion blender.
- Lastly blend in the PreGel Five Star Chef Fiordica Gel Evolution and then pour on top of your prepared crust (use a metal frame if your sheet pan will not hold all of the filling)
- Allow the bars to set completely in the fridge or freezer before cutting.