Gelato Filled Panettone
Please note: For product availability and links, please choose your nearest location below.
Unit of Measurement
- 595 g bread flour
- 420 g whole milk
- 35 g instant yeast
- 1030 g sponge
- 1020 g bread flour
- 50 g PreGel Five Star Chef Cacao Togo (Cocoa Powder) - 70148
- 454 g whole eggs
- 360 g whole milk
- 262 g sugar
- 50 g salt
- 35 g glucose syrup
- 14 g orange zest
- 14 g lemon zest
- 14 g instant yeast
- 340 g unsalted butter
- 227 g candied orange peel
- 227 g candied lemon peel
- 227 g raisins
- 227 g PreGel Croccantino Traditional Paste
- Biscotto Gelato
- 3000 g whole milk
- 150 g cream
- 540 g sugar
- 60 g PreGel Dextrose - Sweetening Agent - 83612
- 150 g PreGel Diamant 50 - Milk Base - Hot Process - 301138
- 150 g PreGel Nonfat Dry Milk - Grade A - Low Heat - 314005
- PreGel Biscotto Arabeschi® - Chocolate & Cookie - 94902
Method of Preparation
- Mix together all of the ingredients until a dough is produced.
- Cover and ferment sponge for about 45 minutes at 75°F or until it rises and just begins to recede.
- Mix together all ingredients on low speed for 4 minutes and medium speed for 2 minutes. Gradually add the butter, then mix on medium speed for 10 minutes. Add in the candied fruits.
- Bulk ferment the dough until nearly doubled, about 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into the desired size. Place the scaled chunks into lightly greased pannetone paper molds after rounding tightly with your hands. Lightly brush the top of the loaf with egg wash.
- Proof, covered for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Lightly brush with egg wash again, score the dough in the middle with an X, insert a small pat of butter.
- Bake in a 385°F convection oven about 22 to 25 minutes.
- Cool on glazing screens.
- Combine all ingredients except the PreGel Biscotto Arabeschi in a large plastic bucket.
- Mix well for 2-3 minutes using an immersion blender.
- Place in Hot Process machine and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place in batch freezer and process according to manufacturer’s instructions
- When extruding the gelato, fold in the PreGel Biscotto Arabeschi.