Coffee Cream Puff
Please note: For product availability and links, please choose your nearest location below.
Unit of Measurement
- Cream Puff
- 320 g PreGel Five Star Chef Eclair Mix Gluten Free - 81024
- 395 g warm water - 55°-60°C/131°-140°F
- Croustillant for Cream Puff
- 100 g unsalted butter - softened
- 125 g light brown sugar
- 2 g salt
- 125 g PreGel Five Star Chef Frollis - Shortcrust Dough Base - 44524
- as needed powdered food coloring (optional)
- Coffee Pastry Cream
- 400 g whole milk
- 100 g cream
- 175 g PreGel Five Star Chef Cold Process Pastry Cream - 312048
- 25 g PreGel Five Star Chef Pannacrema Coffee - 53676
Method of Preparation
- Combine PreGel Five Star Chef Éclair Mix Gluten Free and warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Mix on low to medium-low speed for 10 minutes.
- Allow the dough to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Pipe into desired shape. Spray heavily with water before baking or cover with desired croustillant.
- Bake at 175°C/347°F for about 30-45 minutes, in an open vent oven with medium fan speed. Alternately, in a static oven, bake at 200°C/392°F for 25-30 minutes.
Croustillant for Cream Puff
- In at stand mixer cream the butter, brown sugar, salt and powdered food coloring with a paddle attachment.
- Add the PreGel Five Star Chef Frollis Gluten Free and mix until incorporated.
- Roll out between two nonstick mats to about 4mm thickness.
- Store in freezer.
- Cut slightly larger than the cream puffs/eclairs and top before baking.
Coffee Pastry Cream
- Combined all ingredients and whisk until cohesive and allow to set before filling the cream puffs.