Cherry Orange Champagne Frozen Cake
Please note: For product availability and links, please choose your nearest location below.
Yield7-inch metal rings
Unit of Measurement
- Sponge Cake
- 500 g PreGel Maxima Sponge Cake - 90211
- 350 g whole eggs
- 50 g water
- Vanilla Champagne Simple Syrup
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 200 g water
- 15 g PreGel Five Star Chef Pannacrema Vanilla - 76776
- 50 g champagne
- White Chocolate Fudge Coating
- 500 g PreGel Pino Pinguino® Bianco Arabeschi® - White Chocolate- 93502
- 150 g PreGel Coriandolina® Coating - White Chocolate - 90502
- Cherry Sorbet
- 1500 g water
- 550 g sugar
- 100 g PreGel Dextrose - Sweetening Agent - 83612
- 140 g PreGel Fruttosa Milk Free® - Cold Process - 302248
- 20 g PreGel SETAGEL®Vellutina® - Sorbitol Paste - 70472
- 1000 g Boiron Cherry Puree, fresh fruit, or IQF fruit
- 100 g PreGel Cherry Fortefrutto® - 45672
- 10 g lemon juice
- Champagne Semifreddo
- 500 g heavy cream
- 500 g milk
- 400 g PreGel Five Star Chef Pronto Semifreddo - 66108
- 210 g champagne or prosecco
- Final Assembly
- As needed PreGel Orange Ripples Arabeschi - 87902
Method of Preparation
- Mix together all of the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment.
- Whip everything together on medium-high speed for 6-8 minutes.
- Bake in desired pan at 176°C/350°F for 15-30 minutes.
- Once cooled cut round slices for frozen cake. I used a 6-inch metal ring to cut the disks of cake from the sheet.
Vanilla Champagne Simple Syrup
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil.
- Allow it to cool down and then flavor with PreGel Five Star Chef Vanilla Pannacrema and Champagne.
- Use the syrup to soak the sponge cake.
White Chocolate Fudge Coating
- Melt PreGel Coriandolina Bianco in the microwave slowly until just melted.
- Add to the PreGel Pino Pinguino Bianco and whisk until combined.
- Combine all ingredients and blend with an immersion blender until homogenous.
- Let the mix age and hydrate for ½ hour (preferred).
- Pour into the batch freezer and freeze accordingly.
- Extract into a pan and place some in desired mold for cake insert. I used a 5-inch metal ring.
- Add together all of the ingredients except for the champagne in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment.
- Whip to soft peaks and then pour in champagne and whip until combined.
- Reserve in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Building The Cake
- On a sheet pan lined with a Silpat take a 7-inch metal ring and start by placing the Champagne Semifreddo in the bottom of the ring (about an inch) and up the sides.
- Place in the insert of Cherry Sorbet followed by more Semifreddo.
- Then place in desired amount of PreGel Orange Ripples Arabeschi and finish with the layer of sponge cake.
- Smooth off the top of any excess Semifreddo and freeze completely.
- Once frozen turn upside down and peel off the silpat.
- Heat the sides of the metal ring, this should allow the ring to release from the Semifreddo and you should be able to slide the ring off the cake.
- Place the cake back in the freezer to be sure it’s completely frozen before glazing with the White Chocolate Fudge Coating.